I was looking at this drawing and trying to remember what the quip was about a cluttered desk. I looked it up: "If a cluttered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind, of what, then is an empty desk a sign?"
Well, I admire people who keep a neat and empty workspace, but mine only stays that way for a matter of hours when I clean it. I drew this view from the loveseat that is backed up against the table I use as a desk (the curve at the bottom is the top of the back).
Some things you might be able to make out on the table:
- My phone, drawn in a previous prompt
- Today's prompt (the folded slip of paper near the front)
- The keys from yet another prompt
- Glue, from the school supplies prompt (I'm starting to realize I should put things away slightly more often....)
- A map, a ponytail holder, my old external hard drive, a USB cable, scissors and of course, my pencil sharpener.
Messy work areas are a lot more fun to draw than neat ones!